The public release of XCModel was updated on July 2007. Features of
XCModel over version 3.0:
- Many, but not all, bugs fixed
- Download development version (only of some XCModel libraries)
- XCCurv presents new rational interpolation methods and new options
- XCSurf presents new surface modeling tools (for example hierarchical surfaces) and new
options as export surfaces in OBJ Alias Wavefront (now Autodesk) format
- XCRayt presents a Frame Editor to manage interactively short 3D movies
- descriptor library presents new functions to procedurally manage and save short 3D movies
- trim library presents new functions to save the internal trimmed NURBS tessellation in OBJ format
- XMOVIE has been renamed XCView and is able to export 3D movies as animated GIF.
XCModel is designed to run on any workstation or PC system
running a Unix Operating System with Xwindow System.
The current XCModel version was successfully compiled and tested using a Linux operating system
and gcc version 3.3.5 compiler.
This version of XCModel (the whole package) requires
at least a 24 bit and 1024x768 resolution graphics adapter and display;
the XServer has to be setted with:
- depth to 24;
- resolution at least 1024x768;
- backing store to YES.
XCCurv, XCSurf, XCBool and XCRayt within XCView are the four packages
composing XCModel; they can be downloaded, installed and used separately
and need the same requirements described above.